Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing#12 Explore Social Networking

I did the tutorial on How to Set up a myspace profile. I did set up a account with MySpace, and it is included on my profile in this blog. I have asked several people to be my friend. I did join a Ning network, Pink Colloar Club--a Chritian Life Style Communtuy. It let me go to the site, but would not let me go to any of the indidual items on their site. Many of our students have MySpace accounts and we do need know what they are like, and what good and not so good things that they can give to our students. In our book club, we have tried to get the students to blog, but all they want to do is use MySpace, and most of them will not even try the blog. The students seem to think that more kids would join the book club if they knew about it through MySpace. I do think that they are good for certian information, but like one of our students showed me his blog and he had too much personal information on it. Also, I went to the Ning for Mesquite librarians, and did join. The artcle on teachers in the library was pretty interesting.

No comments: