Thursday, January 24, 2008

REFLECTIONS

One leg of the Journey is completed. Back in October, when we started this Learning20thru play, I thought that I would not do it. However, I did name myself learninglou, and I thought that I should at least give it a try. The journey has not always been easy, especially since the district blocked most access. Finally, I decided that I would do it on the PC at home. It works perfectly, but try to show it at school and that is a different matter. It was nice to have Sandy to help me with some of things when I was stuck on a particuar item. Renea helped me with MYSpace page. Also, I appreciated the staff developments that let us work on this project. I am excited about all of the information that I have learned, and hope to put some of it into practice soon. I really enjoyed Animoto, being introduced to Image Chef, YouTube and MySpace. I am not sure how much I will use the RSS feeds, but at least I know about them and when I see the RSS I will know what it is. I guess all that I can say now is that the Journey continues!

2 comments:

Sandy E. said...

Congratulations! You did it! I agree that it would have been nice if it was as easy to do at school as it is at home, and I would like to put an animoto video on our web page, but most days it will not play. We really can't expect people to go home to view it.

happylibrarian said...

I'm with you, Lou! I wish we/our kids could access more sites from school. I'd also like to add your picture on the Mesquite Librarians and Friends ning is beautiful!