Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 6

I have been exploring with Flickr for over a week, and some of the mashups I could not get to work. An example of this was mappr. I tried at different times of the day and different days, and each time it would tell me to try again. This was frustrating to me. I was able to get on Flickr Color Pickr and I looked at almost all of the different fields I really like the mosaic made from 2500 indivdiual photos. Visited Metascope screensave more like a kaleidoscope, but at the time I looked at it was broken and he said that it would be repaired in about 3 weeks. Stick figures in peril were interesting. I really liked the Trading Card maker, and thought that I had made a trading card, but could not get it on to my blog, but will try later. I thought that our Pirates Read could make trading cards to advertise books that they are reading-more like a short review. I really like spell with Flickr, but at the time I was using it, it would not make the letter r. I will try again. There are many ways that these sights could be used in a library such as making motivational reading posters, printing of neat letters for the walls, creating collages with different photos such as activities for Teen Read Week, etc.

2 comments:

Library Magic said...

I enjoyed making the trading cards. Call me one day and maybe I can help you get it to your blog.

makingtheworldpretty said...

This exercise was really fun but I also had a few challenges getting things to work. I spent too much time playing with the text toys.